Hold onto this one a little longer...


posted by Gretchen

No comments

I'm really loving this 'verse of the week' routine, and I'm only beginning Week 3 (I started a week late). It's been so encouraging to pray over things that are going on in life, big and small, and to see how sometimes a seemingly random Scripture manifests itself in my life and in the lives of those around me. Already, I find myself soaking up God's promises in little moments of the day. I decided to carry last week's Scripture over for one more week. Here it is again:

When I said, “My foot is slipping,”
your unfailing love, LORD, supported me.
When anxiety was great within me,
your consolation brought me joy.
Psalm 94:18-19

I feel like the last several months have presented moments in which I have felt anxious and a sense of being utterly overwhelmed. The last few weeks especially have been a time of physical exhaustion (building milage for marathon training will do that to ya) and mental taxing working long hours on the computer (sometimes I feel like that's all I do) – many of those times when I would rather be doing something else. It's been a time of change, of questioning and searching on my part, of sometimes wanting to 'stray' the course instead of 'stay' the course. But I also feel like God has been quietly steering me closer to Him as of late, calmly calling me to His side, and whispering his unfailing love to me. And I could not be more grateful for that. He has certainly been my support and brought me moments of great joy. I continue to learn that He is enough for me.

More to come later this week... check back!

Total Pageviews