All About Effort


posted by Gretchen

No comments



I like to think that times such as the one shown above were pivotal moments in my athletic training. I mean, check this out:

*brand new bike, with a kickstand, in pink and teal
*crazy-neon helmet that, if it weren't for my big hair, would seriously dwarf my head
*roll-down socks with... those... shoes
*ruffle shorts (where did those come from?)
*THE Kool-Aid shirt, which is not just any Kool-Aid shirt. This was one that DM and I saved up our Kool-Aid points, probably for months, to be able to buy.

And so, with that kind of set-up, how could one possibly not be an all-star biker? Just wait until I dig up an old picture from Junior High trackmeets!

Headed to Houston in the morning... "If you can't excel with talent, triumph with effort." –Dave Weinbaum

Total Pageviews