Career Change?


posted by Gretchen

No comments

So at the end of last week, I wrote a scathing report of my ugly work week.* It was ridiculous. But I calmed down, got through the weekend, and didn't feel the need to post the devious thoughts. Started things out pretty good yesterday... worked straight through lunch and got a lot accomplished. Came in today, finished up a 20 page layout project, got it ready to send. And the phone rings. Never a good sign in my opinion as it typically means 'stop what you're doing, we have changes'. Funny, those were the exact words used, followed by 'redo the layout'... that took me three days to complete. So here I am with the scathing report. And I'll leave the details at that.

But, I've decided that I need a career change. Not just a job change, a career change. My first thoughts included the following possibilities (and their limitations): work on an oil rig (probably not the best idea for several reasons), move to Flagstaff to train with some Elite athletes (ha! hahahaha! right...), become an ice cream taster for Ben & Jerry's (way too risky of an eternally expanding waistline), work in a crayon factory (hmm....), join the circus as a tiger tamer (I'm not really the perform-in-front-of-people type, nor do I relish sticking my hand in the mouth of a beast), or research penguin behavior in Antarctica (are you kidding? I hate being cold!).

So I pursued the crayon factory. Stay tuned for my findings.

*I am glad that I have a job, so this is in no way a reflection of financial ungratefulness.

Total Pageviews