Alvinnnnn!!!!!!


posted by Gretchen

No comments

I feel like I should write something before abandoning ship for a week or so; here are as many random thoughts as I can cram into about 10 minutes of the evening...

I would like to make it know that listening to Alvin and the Chipmunks will always be one of my favorite Christmas memories growing up. Classic.

Headed out on the next Nickson family adventure tomorrow. Abilene, Canyon, Ruidoso, Abilene, and back to Dallas in 6 days. Lots of car time. Check. But no worries. I am armed with Stephenie Meyers (don't you dare judge my book selection!) and ready to make some miles. Looking for a little snow. Definitely looking to get out of the city. Activities should include: eating Dad's sausage pinwheels, contemplating the idea of church, trying moose meat for the first time, listening to good music, playing in the snow with Wyatt, helping paint Emme's room for her arrival, and fireplace time. Not necessarily in that order.

Today there were 3 of us at work. Well, 3 plus Jim's poodle wearing a jingle bell collar. Speaking of which, I tied some jingle bells around Harrison's neck yesterday just to see what he would do. That cat went postal for a good two hours trying to get them off. Hysterical.

Book report #39846954876. Same Kind of Different as Me by Ron Hall & Denver Moore. Read it. Also, my friend Tim sent me an interesting link last week. Check out the EDAR. What do you think?

Our "Old Small Group Christmas Party Get-Together" was Friday night. Venison taco soup and telephone pictionary. It's been a while since I've laughed that hard. Missed a few people that couldn't make it, but had a great time.

It got cold here yesterday. 28º at the moment. But a beautiful day was had on Saturday before the front hit. I celebrated the warm temps with a little jog... or two... around the lake.

One of my co-workers brought in Ritz cracker peanut butter sandwiches dipped in chocolate. Reminded me of track days in high school. One of the girls would bring those to every meet, and we'd each have one as we laced up our spikes for the 800 relay. There's my daily moment of nostalgia.

That's all I got for now. Brownie points if you've read this far. Enjoy your Christmastime, and tell your friends and family how much they mean to you. I don't think we do that enough. Blessings on your week~

The angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:10-11

Total Pageviews