Past-tense Weekends


posted by Gretchen on , ,

No comments



This was actually from two weekends ago, but since I'm so timely with my posts (though this week has been better... points?), I figured it would fit right in. It's not really exciting, but I'm loving Instagram and, well, I'm addicted to lists.

a. Coffee shop: this was at Sweet Eugene's which rounds out my visiting of every major coffee shop in town. (Weird personal goal?)

b. New recipes: I go through seasons of wanting to cook and try something new and wanting to just eat nothing but peanut butter and eggs. Thus are my eating habits. This time around was Southwestern Rice and Tilapia, a definite win.

c. Homemade Laundry Soap: loving it! I made a two gallon bucket recipe and while it doesn't have any scent to it, my running clothes came through without stench – a sure sign of success. This is super easy and dirt cheap too, also a win.

d. Blue Like Jazz: I've been wanting to see this for awhile, and talk about creative! I think it was pretty edgy and maybe a bit "out there" if you haven't read the book but overall very well done. And revolutionary. And gutsy. Speaking of gutsy, this is way late in the game, but I fine it compelling. I know nothing about the guy who wrote it, but I appreciate his boldness.

e. Book time: Life gets busy, and I tend to forget quiet time. But every now and then, I'm able to sneak a bit in. Worth it.

f. Pavement: Been hitting a lot of that lately, and it's been good. 5:30 Saturday morning group runs have been so great, way more enjoyable than I anticipated. Actual race training commences in two weeks!


Next up, one epic 101 degree day at Cameron Park. 

Total Pageviews