Zip


posted by Gretchen on , ,

No comments

For the love, I cannot seem to stay ahead of the mounting tide of life. I'm getting close to that place where I become very apathetic in general and intentionally refuse to do stuff out of spite. Like shower for 3 days. Or eat anything besides burritos and ice cream. Or leave the house except to go to the mailbox. Ok, not really. But sorta.

There was a week of "slow-ness" at the beginning of the month and then BAM! But in the middle of all the crazy, I joined 80 adults and 60 kids (yes, that's 6-0) at family church camp this past weekend. I had my doubts, but it was honestly quite enjoyable. We went to Camp Tejas in Giddings, which no doubt boasts the coolest facilities I've ever seen at a camp/retreat center. Here's one of the buildings. The 12 rooms open up to an outside breezeway and are each decorated with a different month of the year. And check out that ceiling!!! Love.


I also had the joy of jumping off this 50' beauty along with one of the coolest 8-year-olds I know. I attempted the rock climbing wall first, but halfway up, the whole tower started shaking (as the zipline caught), and I quickly made my way down. Pansy. Quitter. But my two feet are on the ground! The zip line was awesome though. I *thought* I took a video with my phone, but it either got deleted or I picked up someone else's on accident and used it. Oops. Trust that it was fun. But I would still like to go on a legit jungle tree-to-tree zip.




Enjoyed meeting lots of new faces and really connecting with some folks over the course of the weekend. Blessed by community here.



Total Pageviews