Random Thoughts on a Wednesday


posted by Gretchen on , , ,

No comments

• Today is National Running Day. So go run. And then register for the BCS Marathon or Half Marathon. 10% off today with the code IHEARTRUNNING. Houston lottery opens today as well. Woohoo!

• Watch out world, I have recently joined modern technology and traded in my old school LG Encore for an iPhone. The guys at AT&T laughed at me... a lot... for still holding on to the LG. It was deserved, and I'm glad to have provided some entertainment for them. Now I just have to figure out how to use everything before this model is out of date, which was like, yesterday.

• I've been on this "learn to like new foods" kick lately. It all started with avocado. I thought it pretty ridiculous that I just didn't like it, so I started making myself eat it. While I don't love straight up guacamole (unless I'm at Fuego), I'm getting there. I certainly like the addition of avocado to salads, sandwiches, and the occasional burrito. That said, my latest project is yogurt. It's healthy and seems like something I should like to eat, right? I mean, if Jesse likes it, so should I. Now, I can't do plain-jane vanilla; that's way too invasive to the taste buds. Fruit flavors are also a bit much for me. So I've been hunting down the most random flavors to start with – basically anything that doesn't seem like yogurt, i.e. Chocolate Mousse. So the other day, I grabbed "Boston Cream Pie" (had to taste like the donut, right?) out of the fridge on my way out the door. It wasn't great, but stomach-able. However, I forgot to throw the container away and returned to my car after 2 hours in 95 degree temps. My entire car still smells like Boston Cream Pie yogurt... and I am back to square one.

• I seem to have this complex lately (lately? more like since the beginning of time...) where I want to know the end result before I'm willing to be totally at peace with current happenings. Ironic is the fact that not much else in life works like that. We don't get to the know the ending before going through the process. (Unless of course you're like me and tend to read book endings before getting past Chapter 2; but that's a whole other issue in and of itself!) I'm trying to learn to relax and enjoy the journey, to not worry as much about how it will turn out. I believe great peace can be found when we are willing to rest in not having all the answers.

• Good quote I'm liking as of late: "And when each of us looks back at all the turns and folds God has allowed in our lives, I don’t think it looks like a series of folded-over mistakes and do-overs that have shaped our lives. Instead, I think we’ll conclude in the end that maybe we’re all a little like human origami and the more creases we have, the better." – Bob Goff

• Launched the new MP website on Monday, and it is amazing! Check it out here. Our friends at The Bright Agency did a fabulous job of helping us tell the story of Mercy Project. Art Auction planning is in full swing, 10 days out from the event. I've converted our dining room into my personal painting studio. Check back for a sneak peak to see what I've been working on.

Total Pageviews