Fort Parker


posted by Gretchen on , ,

No comments



I was looking back through my last few blogs posts and thought, "where have all the pictures gone"?! No one wants to just read rambling rants with no photos! So I will work on that, starting.... now. These are all Amber's pics, but I'm gathering inspiration. Here's a little outing the girls and I went on last month – our last camping trip (and maybe only, yikes!) of the season. It was still pretty warm, but we had a great time anyway.

Met out at Fort Parker about halfway between Dallas and BCS for a weekend adventure. There are adventures in which you get together and think about having adventures and then there are the actual adventures. Follow? Well, this was more like the first, though we did go on some short expedition hikes in the area. But boy, do we know how to cook some good camp meals! Amber brought the coolest cook set ever, and we put that thing to work. Combined with her awesome bonfire-building skills, Kathleen's s'mores ingredients, and my eating talents... it was one fantastic evening. And that bridge picture? Well, disregard the premature laughing on my part. Getting Callie to face the camera timer was like getting a toddler to sit still in the middle of a toy store. Cheers!

Total Pageviews