'Safari' Time


posted by Gretchen

No comments

Here I stand, on the brink of adventure. Ready to take on the world. See what there is to see. I am dressed for success and decked out with all the tools I need. Let the safari begin...


I'm pretty sure this picture was taken while hunting, not while on a safari. And I'm pretty sure I wasn't too happy about smiling for the camera. I'm pretty sure I did feel quite special to be toting around Dad's fancy binoculars. And I'm pretty sure I wore those giraffe 'jam' shorts everywhere I went. Awesome.

But I'm also pretty sure that I'm headed to Africa on Sunday morning. Woohoo! I can't tell you the number of people who have told me to "watch out for lions" this week. So just to clear that up: There's a better chance of me getting eaten alive by a school of tilapia fish than even seeing a single lion. Moving on... I am so excited to be going back. When we returned last year from our group trip to Kete Krachi, the only thing I could think about was 'when can I go again'? This trip has been a long time in coming and is a result of a lot of prayers, a lot of hopes, and a lot of things falling into place just right. I am so blessed.

Time to throw some stuff in a pack, clear out the memory cards, and grab my safari hat...

Total Pageviews