One Heart, One Mind


posted by Gretchen

No comments

Made the trek to Canyon this last weekend and returned with a treasure. Mom put her expert sewing skills to work (and I do mean expert... see below) and crafted a little camera bag for me. This little jewel is the perfect fit for my camera body and one lens, complete with mattress pad lining. Love it!




***********
Came across this video yesterday. I honestly don't love the end piece but am very drawn to the process and detail with which it was created. Very impressive.

A Portrait of Christ from Jeremy Cowart on Vimeo.

**********
5 days! I don't think I've written too much about it on here, but I'm leaving on Sunday for a 10-day excursion to Ghana with Chris and another Mercy Project supporter. Absolutely cannot wait to go back. We'll be traveling up to some of the lake villages and spending time with the people there as well as the children in slavery on the lake. I'm most excited about digging into the Ghanaian culture more, learning and soaking in as much as I can, and refocusing my heart on those precious kids. I will also be gathering artwork from some of the trafficked children to use in our next fundraising event. Mark your calendars for June 9th at Downtown 202 in Bryan. Mercy Project will be hosting An Evening of Artistry: Benefit Dinner and Art Auction, and it will be a night to remember. More on that event soon!

***********
Verse of the week... This one falls right into place in gearing up to leave this weekend. Praying that our team of 3 will be of one heart and mind, that our purpose and work will be carried out in unity, that the Ghanaian fisherman and children will one day be of one heart and mind, that God would use the work of Mercy Project for His glory alone. Won't you join me in that prayer?

"The goal is for all of them to become one heart and mind—
So they might be one heart and mind with us. Then the world might believe..."

John 17:21ish

Total Pageviews