Oh Halloween...


posted by Gretchen

No comments

And this week, Flashback Friday comes on Thursday... Now, if I was really going about this in the correct manner, I would have a cute little picture of past Halloween days when I was a mouse or a bear, or a mouse or a bear, or a... well, that's all I really ever was for Halloween. Except for the year I was a pumpkin. I was a cute pumpkin. Anyway... I don't have any of those pics available at the moment, so this is the next best I came up with, in honor of Trick-or-Treating day.

Welcome to Disney Spectacular. 1993. I was 10. Our school put on a musical production with Disney songs, costumes, etc. There were the coveted Mousekateer roles (that only the popular people got) and then the rest of us had to stand on the high rise bleachers, belting out Chim Chimminy while trying to stand still and avoid falling through the bleachers... or knocking over our neighbor, Cinderella. But it was at this event that I took on my first (of few) public speaking roles (see first picture). Three of us stepped to the front of the stage to open up the show. In fact, I can still remember my lines... "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages: Welcome to the wonderful world of Disney! A magical place, where elephants fly, chimney sweeps dance, and all your dreams come true!" That was it. But it was epic. Mostly due to the fact that I was dressed as a Dalmation. It's always good to keep XXXL white shirts lying around for such times as this...




And so, happy Halloween to all of you who actually participate in the holiday...

Total Pageviews