Dream Big


posted by Gretchen

No comments

In Dallas news...

*Saw Eat Pray Love at the dollar show on Saturday. Good because the cast was superb, but it doesn't hold a candle to the book.

*Beginning Week 2 of marathon training. The weather could not be more perfect here right now. Highs in the low 80's, lows in the mid 50's. Loving it.

*10 days until Run 4 Their Lives, yikes! Ran some 'trial runs' this weekend and felt pretty good at first. Then I got tired. :)

*Got a haircut. Can't say that it's significantly different, but then, what does 'different' even mean with my hair?!

*Lots going on this week: working quite a bit from home as well as on-site. Looking at puppies with Amber. Hanging out with my sweet friend Micah on Wednesday while her parents pack their house. Game night on Thursday at Kathleen's. And a million other things that will inevitably pop up.

*Here are a few pics of the room update. We decided to resign our lease here, and I certainly needed a change. Nothing drastic, but I cleared a lot of things out due to a desire to simplify, sold some furniture, and created a work area. It's been wonderful, minus the whole 'work out of your bedroom' bit. But let me tell ya, the commute is great. 29 steps to the coffee pot.

Some 'in progress' shots...





And the 'after'...
Awesome pillows boasting the fine sewing skills of my sweet Mom...


Closet/office and a coat of green paint...



Dry erase schedule board. Right up my alley...


A few items from 'back in the day'. Every good creative space includes a few toys...



Work area: drafting table = win...



All I lack is getting the big frames above my bed updated, but this one sits in the middle of them all...


And this is my favorite part (insert another plug for this book here)...



*Also, I should mention that the Nickson family has discovered Skype. Watch out world...

Total Pageviews