Lake LBJ


posted by Gretchen

No comments

In order to make up for pushing back this post, I'd like to present two photos today for your viewing pleasure. These pics are from a little fishing trip we took in 1993 with my great-grandparents. Now I have to say, I don't really like to fish. There's something incredibly monotonous about sitting still and waiting for hours at a time that drives me flat crazy. However, this trip actually proved to be quite enjoyable. DM and I spent all day catching perch after perch (I think we counted way over 100) to use for bait on a trotline out in the lake. This first picture is us boasting part of our catch. I love the fact that I seem to think I'm the one holding the basket up (using both hands), when in reality, DM is hefting the weight. Guess I just wanted to hold the rope and pretend to help. Judging from the look on his face, DM is well aware of this nonsense.

And here we are with Granny and Papa. The trotline yielded two beautiful catfish, 5 and 7 lbs, for all our hard work the day before. Yes, you may laugh at my attire: Kool Aid man tee, windpants pulled up to my neck, and purple socks. I would, however, like to equally point out the Oakland Athletic shorts and stellar 'matching' shoelaces next to me. And Granny and Papa? Well, they always were just classy.


Now you may be wondering, 'Where are these children's parents? Obviously no one combed that girl's hair or made her take those shocking red glasses off for the pictures.' Well, as I recall, there was something about a water moccasin lurking in the area of the fishing dock...

Total Pageviews