Wrecked


posted by Gretchen

No comments

Today is 3 weeks out from our departure date to Ghana. I think it's really starting to sink in. I've found it difficult to concentrate on much else lately, to be honest. I cannot wait to meet the sweet kids in Kete Krachi and hang out with them. I have no doubts that they will change my life and heart more than I could ever affect theirs.

Because I'm addicted to quotes and such, here's one from a blog I was reading by Amy Wenzel. I can't remember how I came across her site, but she put this up a while back and I kept it because I thought it was so powerful. I cannot say that I am 100% to the point that Amy was when she wrote this (it's a work in progress), but I can certainly relate to the desire she expresses. I want to be wrecked by God's love, to point the way to Him, to be consumed with knowing Him. And I can say with much confidence that He is rescuing and saving and changing my heart every day.

There is one thing I want so badly though. I simply want to be wrecked by God’s love for me. I want to be so undone that I can never be put back together. I want the Holy Spirit to so utterly consume me that my every breath is to bring glory to God. I want to be so intimate with Jesus that I am like a light shining in the darkness, pointing the way to the most beautiful, wonderful truth you can ever experience. I am a woman consumed by passion to know the living God. I can hardly think of other things sometimes. His love is changing me. Rescuing me. Healing me. I am not the same as I was, and I can never go back. I have found everything I was ever looking for. He’s so beautiful. He’s saving me. And I adore Him so much that I just cannot stay silent.

May His love wreck your heart today.

Total Pageviews