Countdown... 6 More Days!


posted by Gretchen

No comments

Blur. That's what the last week has been...

Drove to De Leon on Friday to hang out with my friend Emily. She lives in the cutest country house (complete with rocking chairs on the front porch) on 50 acres of beautiful land with her grandfather and sweet little dog. Emily is an amazing artist and encouraging friend; it was a huge blessing to get to spend a peaceful day in great conversation with her. Here's a shot of the De Leon area as I was leaving. Love it. Miss the countryside.



On to Abilene from there on Saturday. World Cup consolation match, swimming pool with the kids, watermelon salsa and chicken fried rice for dinner. Sunday church, steak, salads, and blackberry tea for lunch. World Cup final (disappointing...) and a mango snow cone. Lots of playtime with Wyatt and Emmerson. Home on Monday. Surprisingly, didn't take a single picture. However, here are the beautiful roses that Emily got for Mom and I. So sweet.



Monday night was the kick-off of a running group at The Bridge, so Allison and I headed over there to check it out. Pretty cool, certainly could use a little organization, but that's coming from me so may not be relevant. There were about 25 of us total, including residents and volunteers, and we got to meet several new friends. Run On is sponsoring the group right now, donating shoes and running clothes to the residents. At some point, the group will be working in conjunction with Back on My Feet. Very cool and excited to see where the program goes.

Then a few days of catching up on work and other items and here we are less than one week out from the big trip. Time is flying, and I know if will even more in this last week. My room looks like this at the moment:



I figure as long as there's a path to my bed, I'll be good! Really excited about all the art projects and other activities we have planned. Thanks to everyone who donated items and supplies to us; the kids will love it all!




By Sunday, all the art supplies will be packed in their respective tubs and ready to make the trip, with my pack soon to follow!

Total Pageviews