Exciting Tidbits


posted by Gretchen

No comments

• The arrival of the Mac. It's pretty; I think I'll keep it. Shipped from Shanghai, China and through customs in Anchorage, Alaska before ending up in Dallas... all in 24 hours. Not sure how that happened, but no complaints here.

• Farmer’s Market raid. I found this great (though slightly ghetto) grocery-store-turned-farmer’s-market and convinced Amber to go with me to check it out. We came home with 4 lbs. of strawberries and 3 lbs. of blackberries, all for the low price of $10.56. Should I mention that we went back the following day and got that much more again? On sale this coming week: watermelons and tomatoes. This could be a dangerous discovery.

• I’ve been freelancing at a place for the last two weeks or so and have really enjoyed it. Funny thing though… this week is Associate’s Appreciation Week, whatever that is. So far it means “Wear-Your-Sunglasses and Eat M&M’s Monday” and “Hawaiian Day Tuesday”, complete with full outfits and lays. There is also a Guess-how-many-jellybeans-are-in-the-jar-contest set up right outside my workspace. I’ve been privileged to hear countless employees calculating the volume of a cylinder. Guesses range from 400 to 16,000. Go figure. Rumor has it, tomorrow is “Rock-n-Roll Wednesday”…

• Other events? BBQ and swirl ice cream. New roomie. Lots of rain. Even more humidity. Wyatt Cody on the phone: “I’m going to go to bed now, Aunt Gretchen. I love you, Aunt Gretchen.” Sweetness.

Total Pageviews