La Biblioteca


posted by Gretchen

No comments

I went to the library yesterday for the first time in months. I have to restrict myself from going regularly and when I do go, there is an enforced time limit! Lame, I know, but I blame an early exposure to Little Critter books, Richard Scary, and the like. When I first moved to the Dallas area, I went all the time to use the computers there (in the dark ages when I didn't have internet access anywhere else). I will painstakingly admit that I am a card-carrying member of the Dallas, Richardson, and Irving Public Libraries. Need help with that Dewey Decimal System? I'm your lifeline. Speaking of dark ages...

So I'm leaving town for the rest of the week and decided to allow myself to stock up on reading/listening material for the journey. After my designated hour of searching for quality pages, I came away with 5 books (after making myself put 6 back), 7 cds, and 4 movies (think RedBox is cheap? check your local library!). A good haul. The man who checked me out: "Would you like a bag to carry all that in?" Me, mumbling under my breath: "Yes sir, that would be great..."

********

So what else is going on... job hunting continues, enjoyed listening to a friend play at an Open Mic Night at a coffee shop downtown last night, last minute plans for Kathleen's wedding on the 18th, researching laptops and design software... things of that nature.

The 3P Race pics are still forthcoming. I inquired about them yesterday and was told that half were uploaded. I checked the link and there were over 900 shots up. So... it'll take some time to go through and find the good ones with our team tearing it up. I'm still confident my patience will be rewarded and hopefully the next post or two will include the documentation of that cold, cold morning.

Best of luck at those Easter egg hunts. Me? I'll just settle for a chocolate bunny.

Total Pageviews