$2.87


posted by Gretchen

No comments

I was told yesterday by someone who I only talk to on occasion that I am stuck in a rut. Is it that obvious? Ok... fine. I'm stuck.

So I wake up. I fill my day with sending resumes and portfolio samples to unknown people at unknown places that I probably wouldn't want to work for in the first place. I workout. Read. Snack on lots of fruit. I make lists and cross things out so that I can feel small accomplishments. I research artists and website building and talk to people about things that I wish I could do if only I could figure out how to get from point A to point B. I wonder at what point lack of income catches up with outgoing financial responsibilities. I sort through pictures wishing I was instead out taking some. I refresh my email page a good 50 times a day, hoping for opportunities to materialize before my very eyes. I discuss with Dad all the things we'll do with the money from our winning lottery ticket. Wash, rinse, repeat. Can we say R.U.T.?

But today. Today has been good.

I planned a potential road trip for later in the summer.
I bought canvases on sale at half price. 3 of them.
I talked to good sources about laptops and software.
I answered questions on church and belief and authentic community.
(see future post)
I made specific plans to encourage and help some people out.

I read an awesome chapter in Crazy Love that talked about how we are so focused on OUR lives. How worry and stress reek of arrogance. How those things convey that we are more important than God. God created, directed, chose, sought, healed, taught, loved, died, rose, and reigns. Who are we to live as though life is about us? We need to get over ourselves and make much of our God! Ahh... so true to life right now.

Finally,
I spent $2.87 on a cup of coffee with a friend and got more fired up about life and possibilities than I have been in a long time. God continues to prove his goodness.

Total Pageviews