Take & Seal It


posted by Gretchen

No comments

I'm not one for New Year's Resolutions. Those go on the overrated list. I mean, why only dedicate one day a year to 'resolve' to improve or change or fill-in-the-blank. Why not do that every day of the year? And why not take action instead of resolving to take action? I don't get it. However, I did do some thinking the other day. I've decided that my best reflection times are those when I can get away from everything by myself, not be in a hurry to be back and on to the next thing on the schedule, just take time to stop and breathe, no distractions apart from my own thoughts.

Go figure.

So anyway, I went exploring and found this great park up in Plano with 6+ miles of trail and took off to put in my 8 miles. It was nice, really nice. (Insert cool article here.)

Even found a really great spot to sit and chill for a bit afterwards til the wind drove me back to the car. And I was thinking about some things that have happened over the last year... and wow. I really feel like my heart's been in a battle over the last 12 months or so. The kind of battle where you're pulled in countless directions that you never saw coming and are left feeling completely hung out to dry. Know those? Don't get me wrong, those aren't always bad; I know that learning much about life and human nature, as well as about myself, have accompanied those struggles. But I think maybe my heart just needs some refocusing, some fine-tuning, if you will, some rest. And in typing this out, I was reminded of the following song. I think this is what I'm trying to say. (Oh, and it'd be nice to 'resolve' some of those hung-out-to-dry situations too...)

Come, thou Fount of every blessing,
tune my heart to sing thy grace;
Streams of mercy, never ceasing,
call for songs of loudest praise.
Teach me ever to adore thee,
never leave the God I love.
Til the hope of endless glory,
fills my heart with joy and love.

Here I raise mine Ebenezer;
hither by thy help I'm come;
And I hope, by thy good pleasure,
safely to arrive at home.
Jesus sought me when a stranger,
wandering from the fold of God;
He, to rescue me from danger,
interposed his precious blood.

O to grace how great a debtor
daily I'm constrained to be!
Let thy goodness, like a fetter,
bind my wandering heart to thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
prone to leave the God I love;
Here's my heart, O take and seal it,
seal it for thy courts above.

Total Pageviews