On Spruce Trees


posted by Gretchen

3 comments

So I've been chastised for not posting much lately; sincerest apologies, I figured a break from my usual tirades might be rather nice for all. And let's just say that life has been a little crazy...

We did have some excitement last night and into this morning. Dallas + ice storm + wind chill of 9 degrees when I woke up = a good day. All the schools in the metroplex were closed, as well as several sections of highway due to 'smart' drivers in their little Mini Coopers. Eh, what can you expect from the city slickers? Kathleen and I stayed high and dry in the apartment for the morning, sustaining ourselves on Mom's homemade hot chocolate, listening to potential wedding music, and rejoicing in a day off work. It was fantastic. And then my phone starting going crazy and the atmosphere turned into Grand Central Station. By 12:30, I found myself making my way to Irving and that little studio I like to call 'paradise'. Such would be the luck. But it was nice while it lasted. Brought back the rare times of true snow days back home and the elation over being snowed in.

Anyway, in other news... DonMark and I are officially registered for the Cowtown. As long as neither of us gets injured in the next 4.5 weeks and Emme doesn't decide to arrive early, we're taking on Fort Worth. DonMark will complete marathon #1(!!!), and I'll hopefully redeem myself in round #3. We'll both be glad when it's over!

I'm also growing a forest. Well, a small one. Spruce trees to be exact. Here's what they look like now. They are growing so fast that soon they will surpass my own amazon height. Except that Harrison keeps digging them up. I caught him this morning and got really mad. But I replanted. And watered. And I have every confidence they will survive the trauma.

3 comments

  1. Anonymous

Total Pageviews