Fish Dieting


posted by Gretchen

3 comments

So my fish, Vincent Van Gogh (Vince), is on a diet. Now I realize that's a very strange thing to say, but it's true. He's looking a little chunky. Needs to either add some laps to his daily regimen or cut back on the pellets. I hear the one thing you're not supposed to do with a betta is overfeed it. After all, "if you really want to be good to your betta, don't try to reach his heart through food." (Found that on the website of some guy who is obviously way to attached to his fish; he even goes on to explain how your betta can get 'swim bladder disease'. Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure at that point, the $3.99 Petsmart purchase is getting flushed.) Now I honestly can't say that I'm trying to reach the heart of my fish. That's way more ridiculous than putting him on a diet. But let's be kind to God's creatures. Don't overfeed. Don't keep a large dog in an itty, bitty apartment. Put out your campfires. Have your pet spayed or neutered. And cut the plastic coke rings apart.

3 comments

  1. Anonymous

Total Pageviews