Beach Bums, Part 2


posted by Gretchen

No comments

Saturday cont'd:
4:10 – Hit the beach for the afternoon/evening.

***Disclaimer: I have made a pact to not post the beach photos. Wouldn't want to start a scandal.***

4:11 – Gretchen discovers that the ocean really is salty and it's best to close your mouth when the waves hit.

5:22 – Sandcastle under construction. Kathleen shapes the perfect tower in the center but then it falls apart. She rebuilds.

8:20 – Tired. A quick Taco Bell run.

8:50 – Still waiting on the bean burrito with no onions.

9:11 – Chill time at the hotel. Rachel finds My Best Friend's Wedding on TV. I lunge for my headphones and journal.

Sunday
6:30 – Rachel and I head to the beach to catch the sunrise. She takes pictures and goes back to bed. I head out on an 8 mile run up the coast.

8:30 – Mad dash #1. I return to wake everyone up. Rachel and I shower and pack up our stuff. Biscuits and peanut butter are eaten at some point.

9:30 – Kathleen and Amber head back to the beach with their books. Rachel and I drive up the road and meet Rosco and Major, our majestic steeds, minus the majestic part.

9:50 – Steve and his horse Reggie give us a tour of the beach on horseback. Since we are experienced riders, we get to do pretty much whatever we want... which entails galloping at high speeds along the shoreline.



10:42 – Rosco isn't too fond of swimming. But we manage to enjoy ourselves.



11:30 – Wrap up the ride and head back to the hotel.

11:40 – Mad dash #2. Clean up, throw things in the car, and check out of the Travelodge by noon.

12:00 – Head back to Harlingen. Random picture taking along the way.



1:30 – Chocolate shake at Whataburger. (No, DonMark, I did not eat especially healthy on this trip.)

2:01 – Check in the Sebring and get on an earlier flight.

6:25 – Arrive home. Successful trip. I check off two items on my Bucket List: first trip to the beach and riding a horse on the beach.

Total Pageviews