Mistakes and Grace


posted by Gretchen

1 comment

Easter has come and gone, and I'm currently trying to throw everything together for my Senior Show on Friday night. It will be worth the work, but such a relief to have over with. Finished my series tonight which is a huge milestone, and I am excited to see what others will think of it. The last few days have been difficult. Lots of unexpected things happened that left me feeling like I'd been run over by a truck. Not always the best feeling. But I guess I can sum it all up by saying that people make mistakes. Everyone does. And that's ok because if we were all perfect, we wouldn't need to rely on God. But the tough part about messing up is that you can never undo what's been done. Can't take away the words you said that you maybe should've kept to yourself, the doubts that ran through your mind, your actions and later guilt. But praise God for helping us grow in these situations. For teaching us to value our friendships and a listening ear, for showing us that we still have a lot to learn, for giving us such amazing grace. So after today, I can only say that in regards to situation 1: I'm sorry it happened and I earnestly hope this won't change anything. Godly friends are rare, and I aim to keep the ones I have been blessed with, regardless. And as for situation 2: I'm here for you, you were forgiven before it even happened, and the grace of God is astounding. Best part about mistakes is that we get to wake up in the morning and start all over, and as we learn, we draw nearer to God every moment. I do like that part very much.

1 comment

Total Pageviews