A Mere Sunset


posted by Gretchen

No comments

So I was driving home from New Life tonight around 8:15. But it wasn't just the average Tuesday night drive. I got to witness one of the most beautiful sunsets ever. Now, I'm a sucker for sunsets and to be honest, they're not so good in the city. If you're going to truely appreciate God painting the sky, you better be out in the country or in the mountains where there are no power lines within at least 20 miles. But I was struck by the image that God saw fit to put in my day to cause me to pause and be reminded of His presence.

Later this evening I got a phone call from a friend who's really having a hard time right now. 19, parents are split up, financially responsible for a lot of things that he shouldn't have to be worried about right now, longing for so much more; yet he has the greatest outlook on life of just about anyone I've known. He's so positive about the situation he finds himself in and just lives for finding out how God will use him next. I also think of some kids from camp and the situations they've been dealt, the ones put in homes or born into a lifestyle completely out of their control, yet who do long to do what is right. And the question continues to resurface in my mind, Why? Why is it that those who are most faithful to God have to struggle so much, yet those who seem to have everything don't care at all?

And I think God answers in His own unique way. He reminds me that once again we must learn that life is not fair. That we are here to help the very people who need it most with the blessings we've been given. We must learn that the more we come to despise the ways of the world and the way Satan attacks people, the more we'll long for God's ways and look forward to our Heavenly home. And finally, God put a beautiful sunset in the sky tonight to remind us once more of His faithfulness.

Total Pageviews