Pigskin Party


posted by Gretchen

No comments

6 weeks from tomorrow, 32 Mercy Project supporters will begin playing football... and won't stop for 24 hours! This game will be an attempt at a Guinness World Record (we set one last April with 50 hours of kickball) for the longest flag football game in history. As usual, we are raising money to benefit the kids in slavery on Lake Volta in Ghana. I can't say that I'm too stellar at football. In fact, I've maybe played a legit game twice in my life. But, to be honest, I don't really care (I really won't care after 24 hours!); I'm excited about the group of people we have committed to play who are willing to give up their weekend to join us for the effort. Should be an exciting event; we'll be in the BCS area if you want to come out and cheer us on. Event shirts went on pre-order this week, and everything else is coming together. If you'd like a shirt or to donate to our pigskin weekend, let me know! Our goal is to raise $15,000 for MP through this event.

(click to enlarge image)

We also sent out the next edition of the Mercy Project Newsletter today. Lots going on this spring. If you'd like to be added to the mailing list, there's a 'join' button on the left-hand column.

*******************

82 degrees outside, and I'm off for a run!

Total Pageviews