Consuming words and ricotta


posted by Gretchen

No comments

It's been a good time of catch-up for me this week. Lots of errands and quiet moments in the day, wrapping up some long-winded projects as well as launching into new ones. I finally got a second monitor hooked up, so I'm pretty pumped about that. Here's the workspace as of late...


...which works out nicely in freeing up space to spread out and plan on the drafting table.



I also trekked to the library and Half Price yesterday. The stack of books that has been lying in wait is actually being chipped away at. I forget how much I love picking up a good book when I get used to not having the time to do so. Currently re-reading White (Ted Dekker) and finishing Becoming the Answer to Our Prayers (Shane Claiborne and Jonathan Wilson-Hartgrove). On deck is Green (next in the Dekker series), The Hole in Our Gospel (Richard Stearns), and Ending Slavery (Kevin Bales) . Excited about all of those.

And I'm cooking more! Made Cheese Manicotti Tueday night: shout-out to my dear friend Stacey for sharing a fantastic recipe. I wouldn't say that I'm too good at stuffing the shells, but it still turned out great. Even better was being able to share a meal with good friends. Planning on trying out crock pot black beans next; 'cheap' and 'self-seasoning' cannot be beat.

Back to the running regimen for now and enjoying the 1-hour-a-day routine it offers.

I know the time of at-home work won't last forever, but I'm certainly embracing the moments!

**********

It would appears that I have neglected to post this week's verse, so here it is:

The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing.
Zeph. 3:17

Total Pageviews