Cake, Babies, and Fish Cages


posted by Gretchen on , , , , ,

No comments

Back. Blogging break of the century, or at least it feels like it. What it doesn't feel like is Christmastime. It's like 80 degrees today. Guess I won't waste time asking Santa for snow.

What a heck of a month. A good month. It's been crazy and non-stop and intense, but it's been so fun all at the same time. I'm still amazed that I'm doing what I am, with the people I am. Don't get me wrong, we are all exhausted and ready to regroup going into the new year, but it's been a good season in so many ways.

Here's a bit of life leading up to the marathon:

• Girl's Night at my place with the ladies in my small group – an evening of colored cake in a jar. We wrecked the kitchen and had a lot of fun in the process.



• A quick trip to Dallas (like... 10 hours round trip) for Kathleen's baby shower. Seriously one of the coolest showers I've ever been too, and I've been to my share. Safari animals, omelets and fruit, and fun gifts for Baby Lee. What an honor to spend time with my sweet friend – who looks amazing! – and is going to be a fantastic Mom. Kathleen and I met at CotH in 2004 and became good friends in 2006. Roomies from 2007 until she and Matt got married, and still best buds. What a joy to share life together! I can't wait to meet the new little one!







• An update from Ghana... the final fish cage went in the water at Adovepke last month. The 24 rescued kids remain at the shelter and have even been visited by some of their parents as they prepare to make the transition home. I can't imagine what that must've been like for them all!



• Some of our sweet friends and MP supporters put together an Amazon wish list of items we'd like to take to the rehabilitation shelter for the kids to use – art supplies, educational items, etc. I checked the mail after race weekend and had 15 packages waiting for me! Another 6-8 have arrived at my house since then. There are still several items on the list if you'd like to send a few things to Ghana for the kids. And how are the kids? This:


Total Pageviews