And So We Gave Thanks


posted by Gretchen on , , , , , ,

No comments

Holiday time is different now. Granted, that "we'll always do things the same as we did growing up" went out the window quite some time ago, but I feel like now, I don't even realize Thanksgiving and Christmas are here until they are. I blame it on the stores that skip Halloween and go straight to stringing tinsel in the middle of the summer. That has me all screwed up.

Nonetheless, I'm more and more loving the season of thankfulness, of being more mindful of others, of giving, of Advent and the celebration of the King in a stable. A season to serve and pour out. A season... of Turkey Trots, long runs, and race planning. :)

Here's how the Turkey festivities went down:

3rd Annual Brazos Running Company Turkey Trot 5k & Family Fun Run:
This was my first Turkey Trot here in CS – the only MP event I've missed in the past. It was such a fun day getting to see families and friends all out for a brisk pre-feast run. And it was also really fun not running and getting to organize and host so many people. And the post-race clean-up? Well, just leave that to the professionals!







C-town:
As soon as the Turkey Trot was over, I drove to Abilene and picked up DM & J to make the trek on to Canyon. Long, long day... we were glad to take that Rockwell Road exit and be "home". Barely over two weeks out from the marathon, and I was a bit stressed going into the weekend. Not the best time to be "off" when so much is going on and needing to be done. BUT, I was pleasantly surprised with how relaxing and needed the time was, to the extent that it was one of the best family gatherings I feel like we've had in a long, long time. There were movies, games, cooking, golf, horses, and visiting with friends and family. Soaked it in.









Total Pageviews