Thirsty


posted by Gretchen

No comments

I was gonna write a nice big post on Lent, but... every time I sit down to do so, I just don't feel like I have much to say.

However, I did come across some writings the other day in which the author records the number of words that pertain to the day of Lent. So 40 words on the 40th day, 39 words on the 39th day, and so on. I know nothing about this person, or their background, but I have been intrigued by the daily words. This one really captured my attention; it sounds depressing, but I think the writer is just referring to those everyday challenges of life that can seem so overwhelming:

i’d like to be in the desert today

away from the clutter of expectations
unsolvable problems
irredeemable situations

i’d like to be where it’s barren
and I’m alone

today i’d like to be thirsty
not drowning


I need to acknowledge that there are days when I feel like I'm drowning.

I need to learn that it's enough to simply be thirsty, and ask God to fill me up.

Total Pageviews