Ammunition for the week


posted by Gretchen

No comments

I had good intention to document the weekend with exciting pictures, but I flat forgot. I'll work on that; no one wants to read rows and rows of letters all the time. Also, a shout-out to my best pal for starting her blog. Excited to 'reid' of your adventures!

*************

Dear Weekend,
Wish you could stick around longer, but thank you for giving me restful ammunition with which to enter that which is lovingly referred to as Monday Morning. I am most grateful for card games and tasty cookies, meeting with old friends and discussing art and life, exploring new running trails in Grapevine (next time I'll take a better map), a picnic by the lake with a stellar book, lots of sunshine, a good movie and evening of conversation, quiet time early in the morning, running in 45 degrees, a time of worship, and new music.
Please come again soon,
Me

*************

I was considering keeping my verse from last week (Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.) for another round as it's been a favorite thus far. Simple and to the point. But I looked up the next one I had written down and decided to go ahead and switch it out. Perhaps 1 Thessalonians will be revisited at a later date. For now, here we go:

Fear of man will prove to be a snare,
but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. (NIV)

The fear of human opinion disables;
trusting in God protects you from that. (Message)


Proverbs 29:25

I heard a sermon preached on this verse not too long ago, and it really struck a cord with me. I've never thought of myself as a "people-pleaser", but I think there are times when I very much feel ensnared with concern of what others think of me, doubtful of the place I'm at in life, longing to win the approval of those I care about. There's a definite fear of failure that lurks around and sometimes rears it's ugly head. It's indeed a disabling feeling that I would dare say is fairly common for a lot of people.

But those moments of gentle confirmation from God? Utterly amazing! And enough for me. Enough for me to try my darndest to remember that my days must be about pleasing my God and no one else. May you start this next week with a glimpse of the safety and weightlessness of trusting in God's approval of who He made you to be.

Total Pageviews