Beer & Bananas


posted by Gretchen

No comments

This post is in honor of Rachel, because I told her I would entitle it as such after our crazy Saturday morning. Yesterday was the White Rock "Too Hot to Handle" 5K and 15K runs. Now Run On usually puts on really good races, but I must say, some things could've gone a bit smoother. Some tips for future reference...

* Cap that race. (1800 people is really too many to cram on a running path all at once.)
* Parking. (We off-roaded in some random field.)
* Mark the start and finish lines in an area other than on the road in which said 1800 people are standing. It's sorta important to know where those spots are.
* Stagger start that race! If you're gonna walk the entire way, start in the back! (No one should have to spend the entire first mile dodging people sideways.)
* And finally, if you're gonna have 6 chip mats, at least get them accurately working... (I lost count of the number of people who were saying their times were off significantly from what they clocked. Mine? 1:20 off of what I clocked on my GPS. Hmmm.....)

However, we were offered beer and bananas afterwards. In fact, the beer was available before we even got to the water area! Thank goodnes... that's what I was craving in the 80 degree heat! ;)

But in the end? The course itself was fantastic, and I met my "under 25 before turning 25" goal. Not too bad.

Total Pageviews