From Conference Room to Cube


posted by Gretchen

No comments

That's right, I've officially graduated from my scorching hot conference room, entitled "The Lab" to my very own cubicle. And let me tell ya, it is a glorious thing. Lots of space to spread out, no more running back and forth to the archives, and no more sitting quietly while important people have meetings in my space. Yessss.... Now, there is still that element of people watching over your shoulder all the time (no more watching movie trailers online...) but a mirror will solve that quite sufficiently. I thought that was a silly idea until I realized everyone had one. Huh, wonder what that insinuates... Anyway, don't get too excited. I'm still the lowly intern until January, when they either hire me on for real or I take a hike elsewhere. But being around people actually has some perks. Let's take today for example. Today I was privileged to participate in the tasting of the Hershey Kisses Bar. Our CD brought in 6 bags of various Hershey Kisses, and we had to decide on the best kind. Revelation! They now make Chocolate Truffle and Candy Cane Kisses! How did I not know this?! Incredible. In the end, Chocolate Truffle won for best new flavor and Peanut Butter for the classic fav. A good first day of productivity in the cube. Now, what to put up for decoration...?

Total Pageviews