Observations


posted by Gretchen

2 comments

Well, it's official. No more school for the rest of my life! I think I'm ok with that, really, though I'm not sure what to do now. I have all this free time for the next 10 days or so. Should be a wonderful time of relaxing and getting geared up for the summer. Some observations I've made over the last few days:

*Regardless of National Mom's Day, as Jayme would put it, I really do have the best Mom ever. Because not only is she my Mom and everything that encompasses, she's also my friend. I was very blessed to get to spend some great time with my family this weekend. They take good care of me and spoil me ridiculously, and I am indebted.

*Graduation was actually fun, the ceremony part. I figured it would be long and boring, but it really was kinda cool. Especially the part where Mom hooded me twice and butchered my cap before we got it right. ;) It was the after ceremony part that it finally hit me that everything was over. I'm so thankful for my opportunity to be at camp this summer with many of my favorite people, as it will provide a bit of transition time. Makes leaving Abilene a piece of cake...I think.

*I hate moving. It's a complete pain and annoyance. But I find the annoyance lies within myself at having so many things. I consider myself a pretty simple person, but after packing everything up...wow. It bothers me when I know so many people who don't even have pictures on their wall or a closet of clothes to choose from each morning as I do. Makes me disgusted and in need of simplification. Makes me not want to live in our American society of consumerism, working in a cubicle, catering to people with money who want to advertise their newest 'stuff' to further inhance their riches, while people blocks away are going hungry. *sigh*......

*Friends are amazing. How would we ever go through life without someone to lean on? There are those friends who are hurting and you don't know what to do to help, but just knowing you can sit and cry together is somehow healing. There are those that show up on your front porch bearing a chocolate shake and a smile just when you needed it. And there are those that you didn't even know you were that close to until you had to say goodbye. And you wonder what you'll do without them.

So I'm headed back to good 'ole Canyon for a bit until time to be out at camp. I'll have to post some COTH stories later....

2 comments

  1. Anonymous
  2. Anonymous

Total Pageviews