We're Moving!


posted by Gretchen

No comments

While there is a longer version to the story, here's the short of it: We're moving next month... but just down the street. We're headed to The Hill, a few complexes over from ours, still in the Village. Why for, you ask? A LOT cheaper and a move-in deal that we just couldn't pass up. We were planning to stay put, but on a whim, Amber and I went to the leasing office on Saturday to see what was available in the area. There was only one 3-bedroom in the entire Village, and it was such a good deal that I put a deposit down right there on the spot. Cause I do crazy things like that...

Downside? For one, terrible timing. We have to be out by the end of September and all have quite a lot going on in the next few months. And two, we lose the garage and all of our storage space. While the garage isn't that big of a deal (aside from our designated camping closet), there is virtually no storage space in the new place. BUT, I'm secretly pretty excited about that, and trying to convince Amber and Rachel to be as well. I'm always looking for ways to live simpler, to get rid of stuff that is not needed. What a perfect opportunity! Hehe.

So check out our new space. I'll be in the room with the long skinny closet. The layout is sorta strange, but it's growing on me. There is a balcony area outside the dining area that faces a shaded courtyard space (hammock area). There's also a second exterior entrance to one of the back bedrooms, but we're not telling anyone about that. I'm not sure why the fireplace is adjacent to the kitchen in the middle of nowhere, but as long as the bookcase fits, I'm sure it'll be more than sufficient. Time to start master organizing!

Total Pageviews