Still Holds a Little Magic


posted by Gretchen

No comments

So camp. Of the hill variety. While I would like to say that I took hundreds of pictures of cute campers and equally documented the work that our crew from Heritage did, reality is, I didn't even take my camera out of the bag. Just wasn't feeling it. SO, picture a lake with no water, 94 campers, 50+ volunteers, rocks, paperwork, a 2-hour Talent Show, tater-tot cassarole, lots of laughter, and a bit of chaos... and you get the idea.

It's always hard to go back to a place that you've left, yet still love so much. It's hard to see the ways its changed and evolved, even in a few short years. One of those things that can never be the same as when you left it, and at times, that can foster disappointment.

I'm learning to dream big for a place that still holds a little magic to me. I know the potential that COTH holds, having seen and experienced it being played out for several summers. So my prayer is that God will give the right people the right passion to allow such a special ministry to reach its full potential. That for many years to come, it will continue to be a place of refuge, love, and belonging for hundreds of children every summer.

We had a great week. It was so good to get away for an entire 6 days and have time to relax away from Dallas. Chris and Matt were SUPER patient with my slow-going on our morning runs, a time that I equally dreaded and looked forward to! Stacey and I helped Granny Field in the office; I was certainly blessed to get to spend time with them both. Some highlights of the week included getting to see some familiar campers and staff, a few rounds of Homerun Derby (though I was terrible!), cleaning out the Rewards Store, getting to know some of the Heritage boys better, great conversation, a kayaking adventure... er... swim, sitting on the front porch, and spending time at some special benches.

Total Pageviews