Ghana: Knee Time


posted by Gretchen

No comments

So to wrap up my 3-part novel (for now!), what’s in the works from here? It is my great hope to be apart of a team of people (from our church as well as several others) who will go to Ghana next summer to do what we can to help. While I’m not sure exactly what that will entail yet, running a VBS and expanding one of the orphanages are some good possibilities. If you ask me today, I’ll tell you that I can be ready to leave tomorrow!

Also, some fundraising schemes are in the works. Get excited and get out the checkbook! We’re throwing around a lot of ideas, but one that is quickly approaching: Two months from now, a group of 8 runners (including myself) will embark on a 240 mile fundraising relay, from Dallas to Houston, over the course of 36 hours. Though my math skills are questionable most of the time, the plan is that we will each run about 30 miles total, trading off in legs of 5-6 miles at a time. Crazy? No doubt. Original? Pretty much. Exciting? Oh yeah! So lots more details to come about that once they’re solidified and we have everything mapped out.

I'll call it a night at that, but if you got this far, thanks for reading! Please be in prayer for these children, for their futures, for their hopes and dreams. Please be in prayer about how you and I can help. I can't wait to see how God will use us to further His Kingdom in Ghana, Africa.

Total Pageviews