The Ice Cream Truck


posted by Gretchen on , , , , , ,

No comments

Where's the fun in staying at home a single weekend of the month of January? There is none, I say!

Last weekend I hit the road to Dallas, bound to have some time with the girls and meet Little Lee for the first time. I stayed with Amber Friday night, and we ran the Snowman Shuffle 5k at White Rock Saturday morning. Pretty hysterical: somehow my bib got switched, and I ran under someone by the name of Courtney. I thought something was amiss when they announced me as her as I crossed the finish. It was certainly confirmed when my bib number was posted with her name and info on the results. My time was not stellar enough to mess with contesting, so Amber and I headed out to go make pancakes. Turns out, Courtney I won my age group and could've been the proud owner of a special race snow globe had I stuck around a bit longer. Ha! Memories...





Spent the day Saturday with this little guy!



He is such a sweet, sweet baby. Kathleen and I discussed all things Baby Mitchell, caught up on life, grocery shopped and made up some freezer meals, and sat down to a tasty dinner complete with Duck Dynasty. Such a good day.







I went to The Village on Sunday morning, and really enjoyed being there for worship. The few other people I tried to rendezvous with didn't quite make it, so I headed to check out the new park on Woodall Rodgers, Klyde Warren. Such a cool space; I was way impressed. Children's area with really unique play spots, dog park, green grass with tables and chairs scattered around, fountain areas, a library and game space, croquet, ping pong, putting green, food trucks, and on and on. It was pretty darn crowded, but I guess that's what you get on a sunny, 70 degree day in the middle of January.



The park also boasted a row of food trucks, which I didn't think much about until I saw it: the ice cream truck. #29 on my 30 List just so happens to be "buy ice cream from an ice cream truck". I couldn't resist. And let me tell you, it was some of the best ice cream I've ever put in my mouth. Spent a few hours reading, journaling, and walking around before heading back to CS in time to regroup for the week ahead.



What a lovely little weekend.

Total Pageviews