You Are Blessed


posted by Gretchen

No comments

Well, here it is nearly Friday, and we've already been back from Ghana a week. Seems like it was just yesterday that the o'brunis ("white skinned") were jogging through the streets of Yeji, receiving some pretty odd looks from the locals! It's good to be back to some routine, to clean clothes, and calmer (ish) traffic. But I find that the more I go to Ghana, the longer I wish to stay.

Each of my three excursions with Mercy Project have provided vastly different experiences: different locations, different purposes, different travel mates. And though the cultural adjustment has somewhat decreased, I feel like the moments of self-reflection continue to multiply. One thing I can say, at the end of each journey, I have returned filled and challenged. That's really the best, and perhaps only, way I know to describe it.

My verse this week has been Psalm 9:9-10:
The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed,
a stronghold in times of trouble.
Those who know your name trust in you,
for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.


I've thought often this week about the children in Ghana and prayed that they will find refuge. I continue to question how God could allow the circumstances that surround Lake Volta to be present, but I am affirmed that God loves those kids more than I ever could and will never abandon or forsake them.

Here are some of the sweet faces we met on the lake last week:





Total Pageviews