Today, I Ate Broccoli


posted by Gretchen

1 comment

Well, I'm marking March 10th down as a day in which (as Kathleen and I used to say) I loved my job. Those come rare, so when they do occur, I feel like they should be documented. This is not to say that I hate what I'm doing, but usually the days consist of staring at a computer for 8-10 hours. Not much to report there. But today, today was stellar.

The day began with a mad dash getting ready. Had to be at work at 8:30 instead of 9. Rough, I know. (While I would like to say that I get up early and workout before leaving the house, reality is, I don't. I like to sleep.) So I arrived on time and the next 9 straight hours were spent on set in the photo studio. Woohoo! Without going into a great deal of detail, we spent yesterday doing model fittings for apparel (sorta like a dress rehearsal). Then today was the actual shoot with 6 models, full outfits and accessories. Learned a lot, got to work with some awesome people, and LOVED every minute of it. Totally in my element. A sesame seed chicken lunch was thrown in the mix at some point. I sure didn't order the broccoli that arrived with the chicken and rice, but ya know, I branched out. I gave it a shot. (Cheering from Mom in the background.) And it was disgusting. But I tried it. So I then proceeded to crack open a fortune cookie and read: Avoid unchallenging occupations – they will waste your great talents. Ha! What does one make of that?! Anyway, throw in a hail storm and a putting contest, and it was an awesome "day at the office".

Wrapped things up around 6, too late to make it out to Rowlett for our CC time. :( But, I did make a run to the store for fruit and salad fixins. Quaker Oatmeal Squares were on sale, 2 for $4. They're my fav. Sweet. Made it home around 7, checked email. Doorbell rang. Our 9-year-old downstairs neighbor Jordan would like to know if Amber is home. Sorry, she's not. "Well... would you come play with my friend and me?" Granted I was the second choice, but who can pass up Candyland? So the next hour was spent hanging out with Jordan and her friend Roquena, who is from Iraq. Very cool. I was always better at Chutes -N- Ladders, so didn't fare too well in the game, but I felt like I held my own in the 3-man Duck-Duck-Goose game. I at least learned that there is such a thing as a "Double Duck", although I'm not sure what that means...!

And so, March 10th. Fantastic. Check. Here's to a good night of ZZZZZZZZ's....

1 comment

Total Pageviews