House Shoes


posted by Gretchen

No comments

Today was designated “house shoe” day at work. Of course, I was the only one who participated, but I still felt ok about it. Add in a few unreliable people, a crazy Creative Director, and the scrapping of our $5,000+ photo shoot from last week… and it was a typical day at the office. I did however get to step outside the dungeon for 3.5 minutes (long enough to inspect a kitchen sink of a co-worker who is remodeling his house) and was greeted with BRIGHT sunshine and warm temps. Just beautiful outside!

Plans are in full swing for the WR Kickball Game benefitting Mercy Project. Can. Not. Wait! 3 weeks and counting… The roomies and I are hosting a little fundraising dinner, a Mexican Feast of sorts, at our place on Saturday night. Hope it’s a hit.

I’ve had this uncanny feeling lately that I shouldn’t waste a second of time. Normally I bounce from one thing to the next and am incredibly deadline driven – certainly have to be in my line of work. But I like to have chill time too and the chance to relax, read a book, cheer on the cowboys in Amazing Race. But for some reason this week, I’ve just had this anxiousness, like time is running out, like I need to really seize the spare moments of time that I do have. Weird.

Running again! It’s been awhile, but I feel like I’m “back in the saddle” on the workout front. Trying to ease into things still, but feeling good about the gradual buildup. I think the time off was warranted and probably my body telling me to slow it down. I’m learning to build overall muscle strength as I go too (that's right, David B.!). Tends to keep things from breaking, I hear... But, the weather is getting warmer, and I’m aching to hit the road. First on the list, the 3P Challenge next weekend. Time for a camp-out and some canoe/run/bike time. This year, the girls are taking on the 6-man team challenge. Promises to be adventurous, since we’re all terribly out of shape. Me, I’m just hoping for no snow this year.

In the process of camera researching/hunting/purchasing. Let me know if you have any suggestions, but I’m starting to narrow down my selections. Woohoo! I’ve been looking forward to this since my old film SLR died 4 years ago. It’s about time, and I refuse to go to Ghana without a “real” camera. :)

Anyway, much of the same here, yet lots of excitement planned in the weeks coming up. I’ll try to get some pictures up in the next few posts. Much more interesting than my rambling...

Total Pageviews