“Two Thousand Ten” or “Twenty-Ten”?


posted by Gretchen

6 comments

Well, friends, it’s been a wild last year when I think about it. I'm sure you each could say the same. Lots of ups and downs, lots of new experiences, lots of growth, lots of things to consider for the future. Makes me wonder what 2010 holds. I mean, who knew in the last year that I would... run a marathon with DonMark and sign up for another 6 months in advance, welcome little Emme and watch her go from a few scary weeks at Cook’s to a healthy, happy baby, see Wyatt turn 3, camp and run an adventure race in the snow, see 3 close friends get married, get laid off, work at a tile company, a beauty supply company, and then back at the place that laid me off to begin with, be apart of a new church with new friends to journey through life with, move apartments, welcome new little ones to the world and say goodbye to others, help the Mercy Project with some design work and watch it take off, confirm a trip to Ghana this summer, run with a team from Dallas to Houston with some really amazing people, welcome my parents to the world of Mac, and the list goes on and on. SO MUCH can happen in a year! And these are good things, huge blessings from the Lord. I know I get really caught up in the day-to-day and forget the big picture, but when you start looking back at where you’ve been, wow. God is good. I greatly anticipate the year to come and hope you do as well.

So an attempt at “resolutions”, although again, I think they’re overrated…

1. Work on my Spanish. Speaking, that is. Apparently I can read it well enough to put together a 40-pg legal document, but that’s another story!
2. Lifestyle running. A wise person has informed me that one big race a year isn’t going to get me the marathon PR that I’d like. I need to develop the training process year-round. (Duh. Why didn’t I think of this before?) SO, more races, varied training, and teaching myself to work hard even when I’m not “in training” for a big race.
3. Cook more. I learned from the best; why not use those skills a little more?
4. Be intentional and meaningful. Broad, but to me it means using my time to further relationships with others in a way that truly makes a difference. It means thinking about and focusing on things that will impact lives and further the Kingdom.
5. Recluse less. I have this tendency to become a recluse at times. I mean, let’s face it, sometimes it’s a lot more appealing to throw on a sweatshirt and grab a good book on Friday nights. Not always a bad thing, but since I haven’t officially moved to Colorado to become a hermit (yet), I should probably be more social.
6. Learn to swing dance. That’s right. It’s time to hit the dance floor.
7. Paint more. I have two paintings mapped out in my mind right now and would like to actually get them finished. I even have all the materials ready to go for the first one, just need the motivation to get started.
8. Learn more about design. I’d like to keep up better with the world of Pantones and Helveticas, and start dabbling in web. I want to ad to my library of reference materials and explore artists more than I have since being out of school.
9. Camera. I am determined to acquire my camera this year. Simple as that.
10. Mercy Project. Ghana trip. And exploring whatever all of that may mean for the future.
11. Find time for numbers 1-10.

What's on your list?

Happy New Year!

6 comments

  1. Anonymous
  2. Anonymous

Total Pageviews