On the other side...


posted by Gretchen

No comments

Well, good thing my list of "resolutions" didn't include updating my blog more. Pretty sure I would already be a failure. So for you 5 readers out there, here's what I've been up to the last few weeks...

*Convo Cafe: We kicked off new groups for our Wednesday night reading. This time around my crew is meeting at Wendy's. We're reading the "companion" to Same Kind of Different as Me, What Difference Do It Make?. So far, really enjoyable reading and a good discussion group. I think it's gonna be a great mid-week blessing.

*Blind Side: Somehow Amber ended up scoring 6 free tickets to Studio Movie Grill so we went with some friends to see The Blind Side. So good. See it if you haven't. SMG was fun too; I'd never been to one before. For those of you who live in the sticks, it's basically a theater and restaurant combined. You sit at a bar/table area in the theater, punch a button when you want to order, and have a waiter come around to you. Pretty cool. Great chocolate milkshakes.

*Work: I'm back out at Vertis for awhile. Call me crazy, and you would be right, but it's been pretty interesting so far. I'm on a team that's solely dedicated to a golf client and have been producing advertisements/brochures/massive catalogs on a very short turn schedule. Looks like I'll be living and breathing R9 Drivers, Sabertooth putters, and The Shark for a bit of time.

*Sick: Since I am the queen of bad timing, I came down with a "little bug" a week before Houston. Looking back now, I'm pretty sure I had a strain of Swine/Dog/Rat Flu. It was a pretty rough week of not much sleep and lots of crackers, Gatorade, and Pedialite. That's right, Emmerson shared her Pedialite with me. Grape flavor. Anyway, I came out on the other side a week later and found myself headed down 45 on the way to the Houston Marathon. Whew...

Total Pageviews