Head for the Hills


posted by Gretchen

No comments

Crazy week, but then, aren’t they all? I had this weird ‘Jurassic Park’ dream the other night… I was in a chemistry lab with several classmates and this family of dinosaurs came out of nowhere and started eating people in our school. We were working on a chemical that would kill them, but I think I woke up before we discovered the right mixture (guess Kathleen wasn't working with us...). That, or our lab teacher got eaten. Either way, the dinosaurs were still on the loose when I got in the shower that morning. Hmm….

Due to the above certifiable insanity, it’s time to head for the hill country! Leaving tomorrow afternoon with Chris and Stacey and a few of the high school guys from church to go work at Camp of the Hills for a week. An entire week! I’m quite excited about that one.

Looking forward to trading in vehicle traffic... for that of children running wild. Exchanging a busy schedule... for some quiet time. Cashing in the treadmill... for the hills (maybe not too pumped about that, honestly). Taking a break from the guy that lives below us who likes to smoke on his balcony while I’m trying to enjoy my hammock... for time sitting on the front porch of the dining hall in a rocking chair. Swapping the daily 9 hours on a computer... for helping out in the kitchen or outside or wherever I can be of service. Switching my ringing phone... for little voices singing at worship time every night.

Should be good.

Pictures to come, I'm sure… see you in August. Where has this summer gone?!

Total Pageviews