Shoot Your Heart Out


posted by Gretchen

No comments

Time has been flying by, yes? It's shameful that it's taken me so long to get a few simple pictures edited, but... it just has. So long story short, I took a quick road trip down to CS a few weekends ago to hang out with Jeff Wischkaemper, who invited me down for a day of photo work. If you know Jeff, you know that he’s an amazing photographer and has a gift for not only the technical side of capturing images, but the artistic side as well. Saturday was full of swapping cameras and lenses, playing around with macro shots, editing, a bridal shoot that night, and loads of learning on my part. It was such a great opportunity for me to dive back into that realm and get exited about some new possibilities. SO, huge thanks to Jeff. I brought back nearly 600 images to go through, half from random flowers and things around the A&M campus, the other half from our shoot in downtown Bryan. I’ll post a link when those images are up for viewing on Jeff’s site, but here’s a few of my macros from the day. Nothing too professional, but it's a start.







When taking these pictures, I was just in awe of the detail and complexity that could be seen through the lense of a camera. (The whole macro realm is new to me... ask Jeff, I was like a kid in a candy store the entire day!) And this morning going back through them, I am again reminded of the magnitude and depth of my Creator. Words cannot describe the beauty and love that was put into so many simple things all around us.

Total Pageviews