"Did I miss 60B?"


posted by Gretchen

No comments

I like to think of myself as a fairly adaptable individual. Someone once told me that I deal with change well. While I’m gonna have to call that one a rather large exaggeration (i.e. LIE), I guess I just get used to going with the flow for the most part. But, whew, it’s been a tiring week, shifting gears back to sitting at a desk for 9ish hours a day. Gotta love the cycle.

So, I’ve been in search of some new music, something low-key, yet not put-you-to-sleep type stuff. (One can only listen to Coldplay so many times in a row before going a little insane.) And alas, I have struck gold. Check out the soundtrack to Elizabethtown. It’s fantastic! While I don’t remember the entire movie, I think I at least liked the last 30 minutes or so. Anyway, here’s the playlist. Of course I’ve never heard of most of these, but it’s a great little compilation for design motivation and carefree nothingness.


1. 60B (theme): Nancy Wilson
2. It'll All Work Out: Tom Petty
3. My Father's Gun: Elton John
4. io (This Time Around): Helen Stellar
5. Come Pick Me Up: Ryan Adams
6. Where To Begin: My Morning Jacket
7. Long Ride Home: Patty Griffin
8. Sugar Blue: Jeff Finlin
9. Don't I Hold You: Wheat
10. Shut Us Down: Lindsey Buckingham
11. Let It Out (Let It All Hang Out): Hombres
12. Hard Times: Eastmountainsouth
13. Jesus Was A Crossmaker: The Hollies
14. Square One: Tom Petty
15. Same In Any Language: I Nine

Of course, as I was looking up the track names, I discovered that there’s a volume 2…

Also, more than you wanted to know, but here’s some trivia as well. Lyrics from a made-up song in Almost Famous appear, in part, as a quote in Drew’s scrap map at the end of Elizabethtown. Same director for both films. Go figure.

"You will find that it is all very similar... the strange and faraway places you've never been. The wild unknown leads you to a place just around the corner. Take a picture when you get there... the road is you." -The Road by J. Bebe/R. Hammond

I’m a fan.

************************

Shout out to DonMark and Emily today! Happy 5th Anniversary to you! Thank you for your example and commitment and friendship and everything in between! SO enjoyed dinenr tonight. Adore the pics. Blessed indeed. Much love~

Total Pageviews