Canopy


posted by Gretchen

No comments

I planned to get up early this morning and go for a nice long run at the lake, but we got 4-5 inches of rain in the last 8 hours or so and the radar looked like this:



So I was just kidding. But not to worry. It's supposed to hit 97º by this afternoon.

*********

We had our first "Conversation Cafe" meeting last night in Rowlett. Hung out at Arby's, discussed the first bit of Same Kind of Different as Me, met some people, and enjoyed 'church' out in the community. Very cool. I'm excited to see where this goes.

*********

I was reading in Isaiah some this morning and this verse in chapter 40 caught my attention:

"He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in."

I love the idea of God stretching out this canopy, this blanket of protection, this shelter for us to live under. The idea that He has encircled us with a canvas of shelter and refuge. I like it even more that this is not just an idea, but a fact.

Blessings!

Total Pageviews