What else could....


posted by Gretchen

1 comment

I took off on my last little run yesterday, an easy 4-miler just to stretch the legs. And I did some thinking...

We Nicksons like to refer to the phrase 'what else could possibly happen?', except that we don't really utter such words out loud. Because then something else does happen... But back to yesterday. This song came on my iPod with the following lyrics:

It may not be the way I would have chosen
When you lead me through a world that's not my home
But You never said it would be easy
You only said I'd never go alone

Hmm, so true. Not the way I would've chosen? Check. But that whole alone part... I started listing out in my mind all the things that seem to be crashing down right now. You should do the same. Start naming things off that aren't going too well for you. Come on, right now make a quick list of the biggest and baddest in your head. I'll give you a moment to complete the exercise...





Well done. Thanks for indulging. (Or 'Cheater!' if you didn't participate.)

Anyway, I was thinking, ya know what would be worse than all our lists combined? It would be 50 million billion trillion times worse if any of us had to go through those things alone. If we had situations in our life that we couldn't share, that we couldn't release, that we couldn't talk about with anyone. Darn, that would be bad, huh? (Sure there are times when we may feel isolated and detached from those around us, but we're only truly alone when we choose to be. So don't choose to be, cause that's not good.) And while I'm sure the song lyrics above are referring to God always being with us, and that's so true and an awesome thing, I'm thinking specifically about the relationships we have with each other. And I don't always say the right thing or do the right thing to help those around me, but I'm thankful for people to go through trials with. And I hope you are too. That is all.

1 comment

  1. Anonymous

Total Pageviews