Honduras Part I: The Work


posted by Gretchen

No comments



Probably easiest to divide the chronicles of our Honduras trip into a few parts...

The trip was amazing, what could I possibly say to describe it and still justify the journey? What words are there to relate one incredibly week in a third-world country? Try as I may, I could never do it justice, so I won't sum up the week by saying the trite 'it was an eye-opening experience'. For now I'll just say that I had a hard time coming back to the states and wanted to stay much longer, whether in Tegucigalpa or elsewhere. You can ask me more if you really want to know.

The majority of the trip was spent doing manual labor: house building, painting, ditch digging, and whatever else got thrown our way. Four days were spent rotating from site to site, with Friday being our day of completion.





Total Pageviews