Source of Good


posted by Gretchen on , ,

No comments

The last few weeks and weekends have been pretty chill around here. Several small celebration times for friends moving, welcoming little ones, etc., but for the most part it's been a quiet transition from summer into fall. And oh, how I'm ready for the fall! As much as I don't like change, I do appreciate new seasons, and what's there to not love about soup and chili, cooler temps, and camping? Sooo ready for camping weather!

So I've had a little more time on my hands lately, and surprisingly, have not crammed it crazy full as is the usual temptation. There's something calming about taking time to listen and be still and live life a bit more organically. And so I have.

Here's where I've landed recently, soaking up these tidbits from Psalm 119:

I'll stride freely through wide open spaces
As I look for your truth and your wisdom.


You are good, and the source of good;
train me in your goodness.


I see the limits to everything human,
but the horizons can't contain your commands.


Everything's falling apart on me, God;
put me together again with your Word.


You're my place of quiet retreat;
I wait for your Word to renew me.


The way you tell me to live is always right;
help me understand it so I can live to the fullest.


And should I wander off like a lost sheep – seek me!
I'll recognize the sound of your voice.

Total Pageviews