Caramel Vanilla Cream


posted by Gretchen

No comments

There’s probably a lot of other things I should be writing about, but this is all I’ve got for now: A while back I discovered individual servings of instant coffee that can be microwaved with a cup of water. Pretty incredible when you don’t own a coffee maker (just encourages addiction!). So a few weeks ago, I ran out of this grand luxury and haven’t had a chance to hunt down some more (WM was out last week, believe it or not) in all the mayhem of the last few weeks (sorta why I haven’t posted in awhile; mayhem is indeed a good discription of recent events). All that to say that I’ve done without the caffeine for way too long.

Fast-forward to today: stayed up later than I should’ve last night, left on time at 8 this morning, but due to some “unknown accident”, got to work at 9:15 instead of the 8:30 norm. That’s right, I spent an entire hour sitting in traffic on 75, much of which was spent debating whether the nearest cop would pull me over if I drove through the ditch to get around the mess. Long story short, I get to work way late and have an hour to complete 2 projects that aren’t even started, then on to a meeting with a client at 10:30: ‘this is not what we had in mind, can you redesign it?’, ‘I need this done yesterday’, and so the day goes. But about an hour ago, I went on an expedition to the nearest coffee maker, which I’ve been avoiding for a month cause I didn’t know how to operate such a high-tech machine. But I conquered the fear and succumbed to reading the instructions (after looking both ways to make sure no one was watching). This thing is ridiculous! You choose from 10 flavors of coffee that are in these 1-serving sized cups, put it in a slot in the machine, lid and all, set your cup underneath, push a series of complication buttons which tell the coffee god what size cup you have and how strong you want the stuff, and out comes the most incredible coffee you’ve ever had! Caramel Vanilla Cream…. Wow.

And so, for the 45 seconds it took me to travel from the kitchen area back to my cube, the stresses of late subsided…..

Total Pageviews